Dr. S. M. Gumbe
PhD (UZ), MBA (UZ), BBS Hons (UZ)
Former Dean, Faculty of Commerce, Chairperson Department of Business Studies
Entrepreneurship and SME Development, Strategic Management, Leadership
Faculty: Business Management Sciences And Economics
Department: Business Studies
Research Category: Business Studies
Former Dean, Faculty of Commerce, Chairperson Department of Business Studies, Proctor, Employed by Small Enterprises Development Corporation (SEDCO) as Development Officer, Development Manager and Branch Manager; Private Business Co-ordinator at ZIPAM; Board Member of Zimbabwe Micro Fund (ZMF).
External examiner for North West University (SA) and Great Zimbabwe University.
Phone: +263773 411 639
1. Gumbe, S. (2010) Leadership Skills- The African Executive issue 273 p1-6
2. Gumbe, S and Kaseke, N (2010); Manufacturing Firms and Hyperinflation-survival options: the case of Zimbabwe manufacturers Journal Management and Marketing Research p1-26, ABBRI.
3. Kaseke, N. and Gumbe, S. (2011); Survival strategies in hyperinflation for manufacturing firms (Harare), Lambert Academic Publishing.
4. Gumbe, S., Svotwa, D. and Mupambireyi, F.(2011); An investigation into motivation techniques used by the University of Zimbabwe administration to retain staff: 2008-2011, IJMRA
5. Gumbe, S., Svotwa, D. and Mupambireyi, F. (2011)Student's Perspectives of the Industrial Attachment Programme: A Study of University of Zimbabwe Faculty of Commerce Students (2010- 2011)
6. Gumbe, S. and Chaneta, I. (2014); Empowering Employees for Enhanced Firm Performance in Zimbabwe's Manufacturing Sector: The Case for Bulawayo Based Manufacturers. AJBMR Vol.3 p34-49 ISSN1839-0846
7. Gumbe, S. and Chaneta, I. (2014) Enhancing Business Opportunity Identification Processes in Zimbabwe's Manufacturing Sector: The Case of Bulawayo's manufacturing sector. IJMRA Vol.02 p 1-23 ISSN2321-1784
8. Gumbe, S and Chaneta, I. (2014) Enhancing Business Opportunity Identification Processes in Zimbabwe's Manufacturing Sector: The Case of Harare's manufacturing sector. UZ-Business Review p 1-15.
9. Muponda, G., Gumbe, S. and Ganha, T. (2014) Money market trading patterns in the absence of a central bank: Evidence from Zimbabwe's banking sector. International Journal of Development and Sustainability ISSN: 2186-8662 “ www.isdsnet.com/ijds Volume 3 Number 9 : Pages 1946-1957
10. Gumbe, S. (2015) Intrapreneurship as an Alternative Strategy to Firms's Competitiveness: The Case of Harare Based Manufacturers. IJPSSVol.5 Issue 8 p 77-105 ISSN2249-5894
11. Gumbe, S. and Muponda, G. (2015). Product Management Strategies in a Dollarised Economy. A Case of Zimbabwe's Consumer Product Manufacturing Sector (2009-2014). International Journal Of Marketing And Technology ISSN: 2249-1058 www.ijmra.us Vol.5, Issue 12 P118-130
12. Gumbe, S. and Vere, A. V. (2016). The Strategy Implementation Approach as an Alternative to Improving Programmes Implementation in Zimbabwe's Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs): The Case of a Selected Peace Building NGO. Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development www.iiste.org ISSN 2222-1700 Vol.7, No.14, 2016 P119-125.
13. Gumbe, S. and Towera, T. (2016). Exploring the Barriers to Social Entrepreneurship in Zimbabwe: The Case of Graduate Professional Social Workers in Harare, Journal of Poverty, Investment and Development www.iiste.org ISSN 2422-846X Vol.26, 2016 P37-43
Grants & Funding (current and Past projects):
Awards & Achievements:
3rd place in Research and Intellectual Outputs – Science, Engineering and Technology (RIO-SET) 2014
Consultancy and advisory work (current and past):
Facilitator at SEDCO’s annual Strategic Planning sessions; Assessment of the extent of Sustainability of HIVOS funded Micro-Lending Institutions in Zimbabwe; Management and Supervisory Development Programmes for various Institutions including Pioneer Transport; First Mutual Holdings and SeedCo.
Supervision information (MPhil, DPhil, etc.):
Over 100 MBA dissertation students, currently supervising two (2) DPhil candidates.
Professional membership, Committees, Boards:
Chairperson Loans Committee (SEDCO); Finance, Audit and HR committee (ZMF); Academic Committee (UZ); Tender Board (UZ); Faculty of Commerce and Department Board member
External Profile Links (Google Scholar, ResearchGate, LinkedIn, other social media links):