Mr. Nyasha Takawira Mutsindikwa
• MSc Rural and Urban Planning,BSc Rural and Urban Planning from University of Zimbabwe; • Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Planning from Institute of Housing and Urban Development, Netherlands; • Certificates, Land and Housing Policies; Urban Planning and Development from Korea Research Institute for Human settlements (KRIHS),South Korea
Construction and Real Estate development
Faculty: Social Studies
Department: Rural and Urban Planning
Research Category: Rural and Urban Planning
1. Mutsindikwa N, Ruparanganda W, and Chatiza K (2015) Institutional Perspectives on Low-income Homeownership in Harare, Zambezia, Volume 38, Nos.i/ii2013, Pages 89-106, University of Zimbabwe Publications.
2. Chirisa I,Nyamadzawo L,Bandauko and Mutsindikwa N (2015) The 2008/2009 cholera outbreak in Harare,Zimbabwe:Case of failure in urban environmental health and planning,Environmental Health,30(2)pages 117-124
3. Chirisa I. and Mutsindikwa N.T (2012) Homeownership and urbanization in Zimbabwe: Contradictions and Prospects for a Balanced Tenure Mix, Zambezia, Volume 38, No.i2011, Pages 64-76, University of Zimbabwe Publications.
4. Chirisa I, Mutsindikwa N, Chanza N, Dumba S, Chaonwa M and Bowora J (2013) Technocracy, Rationality and Post-Coloniality in Zimbabwe: Zooming on selected issues in Contemporary rural and urban issues in Zimbabwe: Implications for policy and planning by Innocent Chirisa. Publisher: Academia Press, LLC, Cambridge station, USA.
5. Mutsindikwa N.T (2011) Enhancing research capacity for sustainable urban development policies in Zimbabwe, Global Development Partnership Center, Planning and policy report vol.02,pages 102-119, Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements (KRIHS).(Award winning Paper)
6. Chirisa I, Bandauko E and Mutsindikwa N.T (2015) Distributive politics at play in Harare, Zimbabwe: case for housing cooperatives, Bandung: Journal of the Global South, a Springer Open Journal.
Grants & Funding (current and Past projects):
Awards & Achievements:
Best Report Award-Enhancing Research Capacity for sustainable Urban Policies in Zimbabwe-Paper presented during an Urban Planning and Development Course (21 March 2011 to 29 April 2011) organised by Korea Research Institute for Human Settlments(KRIHS) in South Korea
Consultancy and advisory work (current and past):
Supervision information (MPhil, DPhil, etc.):
Supervised two MSc. Rural and Urban Planning students
Professional membership, Committees, Boards:
1. Project Management Zimbabwe (PMZ)
2. Zimbabwe Institute for Regional and Urban Planners (ZIRUP)
3. International Federation for Housing and Planning (IFHP)
External Profile Links (Google Scholar, ResearchGate, LinkedIn, other social media links):