PhD (Health Economics); MComm (Health Economics); BSc Hons Economics
Health Care Financing; Equity; Economic Evaluation and Clinical Trials
Faculty: College of Health Science
Department: Community Medicine
Research Category: Health and Medicine
1. Shamu S, Rusakaniko S, January J (2016) Who benefits from public health financing in Zimbabwe? Towards universal health coverage" Journal of Global Public Health; An International Journal for Research, Policy and Practice. It is available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17441692.2015.1121283.
2. Shamu S, Rusakaniko S, Hongoro C (2016) Prioritizing health system and disease burden factors: an evaluation of the net benefit of transferring health technology interventions to different districts in Zimbabwe. Journal of ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research;
3. Gonah L, Corwin A, January J, Shamu S, Jokomo ZN & Putten N (2016) Barriers to Healthcare Access and Coping Mechanisms among Sub-Saharan African Migrants living in Bangkok, Thailand: A Qualitative Study. Medical Journal of Zambia, Vol. 43 (4): 238 – 246.
4. Gunda R, Shamu S, Chimbari MJ, Mukaratirwa S. Economic burden of malaria on rural households in Gwanda district, Zimbabwe. Afr J Prm Health Care and Fam Med 2017;9(1), a1317. https://doi.org/10.4102/phcfm.v9i1.1317
5. Caroline Muringazuva, Daniel Chirundu, Shepherd Shamu, Gerald Shambira, Notion Gombe, Tsitsi Juru, Donewell Bangure, Mufuta Tshimanga: An evaluation of the proposed organisation restructuring at Kadoma city 2015 The Pan African Medical Journal. 2017;27:20. doi:10.11604/pamj.2017.27.20.11085
6. Resign Gunda, Moses John Chimbari, Shepherd Shamu, Benn Sartorius, Samsom Mukaratirwa (2017) Malaria incidence trends and their asscoaition with climatic variables in rural Gwanda, Zimbabwe 2005 -2015. Malaria Journal.
Grants & Funding (current and Past projects):
Awards & Achievements:
Consultancy and advisory work (current and past):
Supervision information (MPhil, DPhil, etc.):
Professional membership, Committees, Boards:
External Profile Links (Google Scholar, ResearchGate, LinkedIn, other social media links):