Prof. Lynn S. Zijenah
BSc (Hon), Applied Biology(Thames Polytechnic, London,U.K.); MSc, Biophysics/Biochemistry (Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada); PhD, Vascular Pathology (University of Cambridge, Cambridge,U.K.)
Faculty: College of Health Science
Research Category: Health and Medicine
1. The role of KIR and HLA gene variants in HIV infection control: A review of African populations. Mhandire K, Zijenah LS, Duri K, Stray-Pedersen B. Intl J Virol AIDS, In Press, 2018.
2. The World Health Organization Recommended TB Diagnostic Tools, Tuberculosis. Lynn S. Zijenah (September 26th 2018). Jean-Marie Ntumba Kayembe, IntechOpen, DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.73070. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/books/tuberculosis/the-world-health-organization-recommended-tb-diagnostic-tools.
3. Higher serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations are associated with active pulmonary tuberculosis in hospitalised HIV infected patients in a low income tropical setting: a cross sectional study. Musarurwa C, Zijenah LS, Mhandire DZ, Bandason T, Mhandire K, Chipiti MM, Munjoma MW, Mujaji WB. BMC Pulm Med. 2018 May 8;18(1):67. doi: 10.1186/s12890-018-0640-6.
4. The Impact of Prostate Specific Antigen Testing on Incidence of Prostate Cancer cases in Zimbabwe. Musonza M, Zijenah L, Nyanhete VT. Texila International Journal of Clinical Research Volume 4, Issue 2, Nov 2017.
5. Plasma IP-10 Concentrations Correlate Positively with Viraemia and Inversely with CD4 Counts in Untreated HIV Infection. Mhandire K, Mlambo T, Zijenah LS, Duri K, Mateveke K, Tshabalala M, Mhandire DZ, Musarurwa C, Wekare PT, Mazengera LR, Matarira HT, Stray-Pedersen B. Open AIDS J. 2017 Apr 26;11:24-31. doi: 10.2174/1874613601711010024.
6. Envelope Tropism and diversity of Subtype C Among Pregnant Women in Zimbabwe. Clinical Research in HIV/AIDS. Modukanele K, Lint J, White W, Manasa J, Zijenah LS, Bassett M, Kassaye K, Katzenstein D. 2017; 4(2):1038.
7. Association of high serum vitamin D concentrations with active pulmonary TB in an HIV co-endemic setting, Harare, Zimbabwe. Musarurwa C, Zijenah LS, Duri DZ, Mateveke-Dangaiso K, Mhandire K, Chipiti MM, Munjoma MW, Mujaji WB. BMC Infect Dis. 2017 Feb 13;17(1):142. doi: 10.1186/s12879-017-2243-x.
8. Effect of new tuberculosis diagnostic technologies on community-based intensified case finding: a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Calligaro GL, Zijenah LS, Peter JG, Theron G, Buser V, McNerney R, Bara W, Bandason T, Govender U, Tomasicchio M, Smith L, Mayosi BM, Dheda K. Lancet Infect Dis. 2017; 17: 441–50. doi: 10.1016/S1473-3099(16)30384-X.
9. KIR Gene Content Diversity in a Zimbabwean Population: Does KIR2DL2 Have a Role in Protection Against Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection? Mhandire K, Zijenah LS, Yindom LM, Duri K, Mlambo T, Tshabalala M, Mazengera LR, Mhandire DZ, Musarurwa C, Dandara C, Rowland-Jones S, Matarira HT, Stray-Pedersen B. OMICS. 2016 Dec;20(12):727-735.
10. Effect on mortality of point-of-care, urine-based lipoarabinomannan testing to guide tuberculosis treatment initiation in HIV-positive hospital inpatients: a pragmatic, parallel-group, multicountry, open-label, randomised controlled trial. Peter JG, Zijenah LS, Chanda D, Clowes P, Lesosky M, Gina P, Mehta N, Calligaro G, Lombard CJ, Kadzirange G, Bandason T, Chansa A, Liusha N, Mangu C, Mtafya B, Msila H, Rachow A, Hoelscher M, Mwaba P, Theron G, Dheda K. Lancet. 2016 Mar 19;387(10024):1187-97. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(15)01092-2.
11. Comparative performance characteristics of the urine lipoarabinomannan strip test and sputum smear microscopy in hospitalized HIV-infected patients with suspected tuberculosis in Harare, Zimbabwe. Zijenah LS, Kadzirange, Bandason T, Chipiti MM, Gwambiwa B, Makoga F, Chungu P, Kaguru P, Dheda K. BMC Infect Dis. 2016 Jan 22;16:20. doi: 10.1186/s12879-016-1339-z
12. Psychological distress and its relationship with non-adherence to TB treatment: a multicentre study. Theron G, Peter J, Zijenah L, Chanda D, Mangu C, Clowes P, Rachow A, Lesosky M, Hoelscher M, Pym A, Mwaba P, Mason P, Naidoo P, Pooran A, Sohn H, Pai M, Stein DJ, Dheda K. BMC Infect Dis. 2015 Jul 1;15:253. doi: 10.1186/s12879-015-0964-2.
Grants & Funding (current and Past projects):
Awards & Achievements:
Consultancy and advisory work (current and past):
Supervision information (MPhil, DPhil, etc.):
Professional membership, Committees, Boards:
External Profile Links (Google Scholar, ResearchGate, LinkedIn, other social media links):